Thursday, February 24, 2011

Facepaint...

At IBA this week, it is Spirit "Days" :P 
Kent wanted his face painted, but we couldn't find the face paint anywhere, so I decided to google it to see if there was anyway to make home-made facepaint. :) 

Well I found out that you can, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people already know that, but I'm really behind on some things. 
I only had Wilton food coloring, and yes, I know that it stains, so I thought "maybe it won't" and after Kent got his face painted (Notice: I wasn't going to paint him.) and when he washed it off, I would take some baking soda to scrub it off and some, um... bleach ;P if that didn't work. Then I thought of how horrible I was going to feel having had Kent paint his face with stuff that'll stain, so I decided I was going to try it on myself. A wise friend told me that I should try it on my leg, in case it did stain. I'm glad she said that! I was just about to put it on my face, and guess what - it did stain! :P 
To conclude, I found the real paint, and now Kent's going to use that. :) 
I didn't want my wonderful paint to go to waste, so I had a little 'art' class ;)



 It's 
1 tsp. of cornstarch
1/2 tsp cold otion
1/2 - 1 tsp water
food coloring

just mix it all together. :)
 Wilton does stain skin.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading all your posts! :] Nice to know about the facepaint. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you for taking the rime to read it! :) Yeah, and I'm pretty sure it would actually work if a different brand of food coloring is used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're too funny :) glad you tried it on something other then your face :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! Hannah was the who told me to. :) We were on the phone later, and she said she could hear me scrubbing my leg! ;)

    ReplyDelete