Sunday, September 11, 2011

What IS Your Life?


"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, then vanisheth away."
-James 4:14

I don't know about others, but all the 9/11 stuff really has been making me nervous.  Yes, God is in control, and He promised He would never leave or forsake us.  But, I'm human, and I still tend to worry...I'm working on it.  :)

Throughout the night, (11pm-2am) I saw several unfamiliar trucks speed down our road.  Around midnight, a firetruck with all it's lights flashing raced by our house.  Then there was also airplanes at rare times.  Not to mention several threats of terrorist attacks, car bombs, etc.  We didn't know about it ten years ago, so how do we know what they might do this time?  They've got even more of a reason why they would want to do something to us, anyways. 

All these thoughts were racing through my head last night. (Or should I say this morning? ;)) so, I read the book of James before bed.  One question kept coming to my mind, "If something were to happen..." (since it's not 100% that something will), then I came across James 4:14-15.  It made me really think, "What is my life?"  Well, according to that verse, - it's a vapor. It comes, then quickly goes.  Why should I be afraid if something were to happen?  Besides, isn't dying our gain?

  "For ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that." 
Whatever happens today, if something happens, it'll all be what He wants.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Lord's Day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment